Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Avocados

Aurora is 14 months old, as of two days ago. I've had in mind for quite a while that I should post a list of her favorite foods. Here's one: avocado. She'll eat half an avocado for dinner, and would probably eat more if I let her. Last night she also dined on (after the half an avocado, I mean): cured cheese, ham and fresh clementines.


 I would like some more of that splendid specimen of avocado, please.

Other favorite dinner items include green peas, clementines, ham, whole-wheat pasta and, in general, anything we might be eating. On Sunday at a restaurant with Leo, Cristal, Leo Jr. and Natalia, Aurora downed her first shrimp (battered and fried) and her first anchovy (smoked and on a tiny piece of mayo-laden bread).


 
Avocado brand peek-a-boo. 



Aurora now says three words: "Papa," "Momma," and "hola". They first appeared in that order. Everything else is still in a language we do not yet understand. Ah! She also occasionally nods. This happened for the first time last week. Until then and since sometime in July she would only shake her head.



It's so good I can't stand it.  


After avocado-ing, we had bathtime. Bathtime seemed like terrible torture until around Aurora was about 3 or 4 months old. Now it's a veritable and nightly fest.

Enough for now. We anxiously await your comments.

7 comments:

  1. Kate--It's such a treat to see Aurora growing and changing! She looks very serious there at the computer. I also love avocados...but when I was small, the foods I clamored for were canned black olives (so salty!) and artichokes. Has Aurora ever had an artichoke?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sweet I'd eat her, with avocado and everything!!I love tha picture in which she appears all concentrated in front of the computer...so cuuute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Con lo rica que está en las fotos, estamos abocados a comerle esos mofletes a besos.

    Cómo me alegra que tus lectores no entiendan este patético chiste.

    Papá, mamá, hola.. como aprenda agua y comer, yo creo que ya tiene el vocabulario básico, además con su manejo del ordenador, lo tiene todo hecho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @loquemeahorro--yo entendi el chiste y no estuvo patético para nada...

    Kate,

    It is really a treat to get this blog updates. As Emily said, it is really nice to see Aurora growing and changing. Didn't think there was a possible way of her getting more beautiful but she does...

    Love the pictures...hugs and kisses all around...

    ReplyDelete
  5. so after dinner she did your taxes? (last photo)
    adorable. i can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hee hee! I hope the food love continues - Auntie can't wait to cook up a storm for that little chowhound.

    I LOVE these pics - esp. "it's so good I can't stand it" and the one at the end, where I imagine that she is actually blogging about herself . . . And her hair is getting so long!

    Give my love nugget a big messy smooch for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Em, she also likes olives, but the stronger-flavored green kind too! (Whoops, maybe I should say "some types of the green kind," this evidences my lack of knowledge of olives in the land of the olives). We'll have to try artichokes. Did you eat them steamed with mayo like in our family?
    @Mike, I just wish she did my taxes. In fact, am desperately seeking someone to do my US taxes. The international part is pretty straightforward. Anyone want to recommend someone? Please?
    @LoQueMeAhorro, cuidadín, ya has visto que mis queridos lectores o son multilingües o te entienden con superpoderes, JAJAJAJA.

    ReplyDelete